The Great Food and Drink Festival is making its debut at Prestwold Hall this weekend and there are plenty of reasons to come along!
1. Food – Everyone loves food, right? So why not treat yourself to some delicious delights that will have your taste buds dancing like they’re at an 80’s disco! There will be everything from cheese, sausages and burgers to Italian and South African cuisine and everything in between.
2. Drink – It’s the bank holiday weekend, if you like a drink then this is the best time for it! We have plenty on offer for you too. The Cocktail Car Company will be selling a great range of, you guessed it, cocktails, and they will be on site all weekend. There will be a great bus bar attending too, a lovely open top double decker bus that will no doubt have the right drink to quench your thirst.
3. Celebrity Chefs – You don’t very often have the chance to see a famous chef cooking right in front of your eyes. The thing is, we don’t just have the one! With Jean-Christophe Novelli attending on the Saturday, Aldo Zilli on the Sunday and Marcus Bean on the Monday there will be plenty of opportunities to watch and learn as these chefs take to the stage.
4. Masterclasses – Not only do we have chefs cooking for you all throughout the weekend, we also have some wonderful workshops taking place too. KidzKitchen, who teach the little ones more about food and cooking, will be doing 3 workshops every day. This is a great way to get the youngsters involved in cooking and to get their knowledge of food even better. Johnny Pusztai, Nottingham’s famous butcher, will be doing burger making workshops. So there will be no need to buy any more pre-made burgers once Johnny shows you just how simple it is to make your own! And last, but by no means least, the Wholefood Warrior will be showing you how to ‘snack yourself healthy’, there is no need to cut out snacking, just do it properly and it’ll be fine!
5. It’s a great day out! – At our previous events at Nottingham Castle and Newstead Abbey more than 10,000 people attended each event and they all had a great time. There is entertainment for all the family, including live music, soft play areas, chef demos and more. So if you are stuck for something to do this Bank Holiday weekend, then do not worry! Get yourself down to Prestwold Hall and have a great time!
There is still a limited time available to save yourself some money, purchase your tickets in advance by clicking here!